*some links may be affiliate links. If you choose to click on any of them, I may be compensated*
Here we go… It may not be pretty, but I see it as progress. And, any step in the upward direction, towards my overall goal, must be progress! Right???
Let’s back up a couple of months. When I started this journey, I read post after post of income reports. This blogger made this much money, that blogger made that much money… The articles could go on and on. Every single person had a different outcome. One blogger made 10k his first month. I myself, have not had that much success. But, I have made progress. I am hoping by posting my first full month Income Report, I will be able to look back on this a year from now. A “Remember When” kind of moment. The moment in time that is where I started… the bottom of the totem pole…
I can honestly say that I have learned so much in the last couple of months. I have not taken any “Classes”, but I have seen some pretty interesting ones that I thought about taking. The information is all there, you just have to search for it. This means endless hours on the computer. Just know, someone is always willing to help you. Everything I have learned thus far, is from pure trial and error.
I still have a lot to learn, but I have been using Stumbleupon, Reddit, Pinterest and Tailwind, Twitter, Fuzia, and Facebook. All of these social sites have been very helpful with getting my blog “out” there.
The best numbers I have found so far, come from Facebook. I have joined and interacted in many Facebook Groups. Some build traffic, others offer advice, some will even give you feedback on your website. I have recently started learning that Pinterest is an excellent traffic/community builder, so that is my main goal for September. Master Pinterest.
My Stats for my first full month ( August 2017 ) are as follows:
- I have had over 2000 views. With over 200 comments, from 70 different Countries.
- On Pinterest I have 38 Boards, with 832 pins, and 14k monthly views.
- I have 238 Twitter followers.
- On my Facebook page for my blog I have 322 followers.
- I have published 11 articles. They are all listed below:
- August 2017 Income Report
- 10 Minutes to a More Organized and Productive Work Space
- The Perfect Homework Station
- The Marvelous Lunchbox Creation Station
- The Extremely Organized Life of the Plastic Shoe Box
- Keepsake Box- How to Organize One for the Kiddos
- The Liebster Award
- The Reality of Starting a Blog
- 7 Amazingly Lazy Dollar Store Hacks
- 7 Habits of Highly Organized People
- How to Pack a Carry On Like an Expert
Now, down to the money side of my blog. I will not be retiring this month, or even taking a well deserved family vacation… Heck I probably could not even fill up my gas tank with my earnings. But, as I keep saying, progress.
At this point, I have only signed up for and diligently used 3 affiliate accounts.
So there it is, set in stone, I made a total of $82.00 for the month of August. I am excited that August will be behind me, and I can work on my September goals.
My September Goals are:
- Become better acclimated to Pinterest/Tailwind. Being able to use these to my best advantage.
- Double my earnings. (or hopefully more…)
- Set up a more regular blog posting schedule.
- Get my email subscriber list completed.
I look forward to filling you in on October 1st. If you have any tips, ideas, critiques you would like to share with me, feel free to comment.
I would love to hear from you!