3 Reasons to be Organized
- It promotes efficiency, stop wasting your valuable time looking for everything you need on a daily basis. Find each and every item a home, and make sure you return it to their home when you have finished using it. You will notice you get more done, and of course it saves time in the long run!
- Being organized helps you focus. Sitting at your cluttered desk can be overwhelming and distracting, especially when you are working on a specific project that requires your full attention.
- Organization brings success. An organized work space will promote productivity and consistency. When you are focused on a project or task, you are ensuring quality at work, and meeting your deadlines.
Sit back and take a look at your desk. Ask yourself this question: “What makes my work space so unorganized?”
Little things that you use regularly can make your space messy, like pens, folders, post its, and your coffee mug. Scan your desk, and rid it of items you do not really need. Doing this will free up space you could be using for items you do need.
We all have times that we don’t really have adequate time to clean up. During those busy times, choose which clutter you can live with. Accept that you cannot do anything about it for now and schedule the cleanup for later on. When your work space is limited to add another tool for organizing, be creative and maximize your work space.
The second question I want you to ask yourself is: “What can I do?”
Layout your desk right.
Before starting your work, prepare things that you will need positioning them within your reach. Remove unimportant things and keep them in their designated boxes or drawers.
Minimize snacks and drinks on your desks.
When we are busy, we tend to eat in our office to save time. Sometimes we always have chips and drinks on the table. This can be messy and a distraction.
Keeping your work space organized can be challenging. It is important to master the habit of putting things back to where it should be.
I have compiled a list of items that can help you keep your desk organized in the future…
- Supplies organizer for your pens and small things.
- Filing system
- Labels for bins, boxes, or folders
- Pen Holders
- Desk Organizer
- Storage Boxes
- Board Dividers for Storage Boxes
- Organizer for tissue box, and box storage.
- Business card Holder
- Magazine file box
- File boxes
- Post It holder
I would love for you to share your ideas with me and other readers. If you have a great way to keep your work space organized, or any other great ideas, please feel free to contact me anytime here!
Having a clear mind and a clear space allows you to think and act with purpose
– Erika Oppenheimer